Monday, September 19, 2011

20 Coolest and most unique chess sets

You think you have the coolest dude in the block with your Staunton ebony chess set? well check these out.

1. The Glowing Chess Board, tired of your spouse begging (that is if not being yelled at) you to sleep and close the light, try to hide this under the bed, sleep at the edge of the bed so you can easily pull this out, a little snore will help.

carolingi chess set chesscraft


2. Chess cake white and dark chocolate. you'll know what happens to the piece after captured.
chess cake white and dark chocolate chesscraft


3. Bullet Chess Set Made from .223 Caliber Shells, Warning don't bring riffle while playing these.

chess bullets chesscraft


4. Two level chess set, this will be great in the garden.
two level bizaare chess set chesscraft

5. The Carolingi XIV Chess Pieces made with gold, cost $113,580.(Luxury chess sets)

carolingi expensive chess set



6. Lord of the rings chess set, perfect gift for LOTR fans.

lord of the rings chess set


7. Jim Arnold's scottish war chess  set.

scottish war cool chess set
8. War of 1812 chess set. Makes me want to look for Pirates of the Caribbean version.
9. Salvador Dali's finger chess set, one word "creepy"

10. Alien vs Predator chess set, a perfect treat for UFOlogists.


11. Ice chess set, not recommended for turtle chess players.

12. Lego chess set, could be a good start to motivate your kids.
13. Key chess set, turn every move to "key move"
14. Wobble chess set, this is very interesting if played in blitz or bullet games.
15. Greek Myth fantasy chess set, anyone can resist playing the queen, or perhaps capture his opponent's?
16. Starwars chess set, this will bring out the perfect geek in you.

17. Celestial chess set, Kirsan Ilyumzhinov should bring this on his next space travel with aliens.


18. Bladerunner movie chess set by JF Sebastian
19. Startrek chess set

20. Vibrator chess set, A new sex toy designed by New York-based product consultancy Aruliden, who needs one (32 actually)?

21 comments:

  1. Thanks for including my Scottish Wars for Independence Chess Set and the War of 1812 Chess Set!

    The Celestial Chess Set by Kirsan Ilyumzhinov is awesome!!!

    Jim Arnold

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting.
    What you think about it:
    www.art-chess.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. The startrek one really throws me off, im no expert but i love looking at the unique chess boards. I like what people can come up with. cool post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Buying Your Chess Board Online- Looking for Chessboards? Well here at the UK premier wooden chess sets and boards supplier we have a wide array of styles to suit all budgets. We offer the very best in chess boards from solid wood to veneer.
    chess sets , chess sets

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am always looking for cool places to buy unique chess sets. Thanks for posting these here.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome! I've been looking to buy unique chess sets just like this. Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, and I have to say that out of all of those chess sets the ones that I would buy myself would be the wobble chess set and the key chess set.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey guys..
    UK based suppliers of chess sets and wooden chess boards online. Also offers hand painted and tournament standard pieces, clocks, chess computers and games compendiums.
    Chess sets

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is really pretty cool place I like it because it has everything I want more on this blog soon. http://goldirarolloverpros.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. These chess sets are really cool! I really like the chess set that glows. I actually have a chess set from Africa. The pieces are all the major animals in Africa, including the lion, hippo, and tiger. They are all hand crafted and look amazing!

    http://www.mesmerabilia.com/dept-81100

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are some of the coolest chess sets that I have ever seen. They are all very unique and have a certain look to them that is like no other game out there. My favorite one would have to be The tenth one that is the Alien VS. Predator. The pieces are just so cool and so is the game board as well. Now if I could find a chess set like this that was up for sale, then I would probably play more chess.
    http://www.shopedwards.org/collections/toys-and-games/chess-sets

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think you might like Purling London luxury chess sets too! www.purlinglondon.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great sets, they remind me of some of the ones i saw on
    best-chesssets.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I thought I had a cool chess set because it was made of glass, but these are amazing. Some of these look like actual battlefields. I love the one that looks like a castle. However, I think my kids would all agree that the star wars table is the best. Thank you for all sharing, do you know if these are all one of a kind? http://www.smartsiteshopper.com/np1-listing-dept-81100

    ReplyDelete
  17. When your website or blog goes live for the first time, it is exciting. That is until you realize no one but you and your. chess sets

    ReplyDelete
  18. after all these years, I just now realized you have the Dali set pictured under my War of 1812 set, and my Scottish Wars for Independence Chess Set. What a compliment! At first, I also thought it a bit much, but I actually have seen it and held the pieces in my hands. Dali actually cast his hand and fingers in different positions to come up with the different pieces. One side solid gold and the other solid silver. The set is drop dead gorgeous!!! The whole concept is imaginative and unique, and shows Dali's love for the game. So many "artists" have designed chess sets. but none of those come close to what Dali achieved with this set...he put his money where his mouth, ...errrr..., hands are.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Many thanks for the exciting blog posting! Simply put your blog to my favorite list and will look forward for additional updates.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Incredible points. Sound arguments. Keep up the great work.Thanks for sharing in detail. Your blog is an inspiration! Apart of really useful tips, it's just really!
    223 Brass Bulk

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. Online chess board

    ReplyDelete